Print

Test is in November, Planning starts... NOW!

bigD3002 wrote:I really don't have the time to review at the moment.  I am currently in 3 physics classes as well as undergoing 2 different research projects.  I am really interested to see how I will do but I would be quite embarrassed to have a poor score from taking the test prematurely.

bfollinprm wrote:bigD3002 wrote:I really don't have the time to review at the moment.  I am currently in 3 physics classes as well as undergoing 2 different research projects.  I am really interested to see how I will do but I would be quite embarrassed to have a poor score from taking the test prematurely.

midwestphysics wrote:bfollinprm wrote:bigD3002 wrote:I really don't have the time to review at the moment.  I am currently in 3 physics classes as well as undergoing 2 different research projects.  I am really interested to see how I will do but I would be quite embarrassed to have a poor score from taking the test prematurely.

bfollinprm wrote:Sure, but there are good reasons to bomb (like an emergency during the test, etc). They're only going to suspect a bad reason if you bomb your future tests, in which case it wont matter, will it?

midwestphysics wrote:From what I have heard, if you go through it twice your second score better be stellar.

bfollinprm wrote:midwestphysics wrote:From what I have heard, if you go through it twice your second score better be stellar.

This thread has slightly drifted away from my original intent, but for good reason.  I have never heard that taking PGRE a second time was a good idea, quite the contrary from all my professors here at my home school.  I also saw that the deadline for the April registration was March 3.  So unless someone makes an exceptional point for me to take it next month and knows a way that I can still register, I will stick to practice test for the moment.

bigD3002 wrote:This thread has slightly drifted away from my original intent, but for good reason.  I have never heard that taking PGRE a second time was a good idea, quite the contrary from all my professors here at my home school.  I also saw that the deadline for the April registration was March 3.  So unless someone makes an exceptional point for me to take it next month and knows a way that I can still register, I will stick to practice test for the moment.

sphy wrote:bigD3002 wrote:This thread has slightly drifted away from my original intent, but for good reason.  I have never heard that taking PGRE a second time was a good idea, quite the contrary from all my professors here at my home school.  I also saw that the deadline for the April registration was March 3.  So unless someone makes an exceptional point for me to take it next month and knows a way that I can still register, I will stick to practice test for the moment.

hello Mr.bigD3002your sounds like you didn't take any practice test yet..so it is hard to know abut your current level of standing...!!!